The Fancy Shoes
3:48 PM Posted In Ella Edit This 0 Comments »
It was getting dark again as they searched for Parnen. They were slow-going, searching for any sign of the wizard. The sky had turned black and the world around them dark as well. There was no use of going any further since none of them could see five feet ahead.
"Willow, Lilliana?" Jorstan whispered in the dark.
"Yes?" They answered him at the same time.
"I think we should stop now."
Willow's tiny light stopped suddenly. "No! It is much to early to stop. We will find him soon. I have a feeling about this! I..."
Lilliana interrupted Willow's rant. "Let's stop."
For the night, they stopped at a tree. They agreed to take turns as a lookout. It was Lilliana's turn to watch in the middle of the night. She was very tired, her eyes drooping down as she stared into the darkness. Suddenly, she heard a rustling in the distance. Her eyes opened wide. What was that?
She sat frozen and silent for a moment, then said "Guys?" Neither Willow or Jorstan replied.
Lilliana rose quietly and went in the direction of the sound. She soon saw a dim golden glow a little further. She stepped forward and saw a pair of golden slippers. They had tiny rubies on the part above the toes. They were beautiful! She picked them up, looking around to see who had left them.
The wind picked up suddenly, whipping around Lilliana. "You looked, I have found..." was the whisper in the wind.
"Parmen!" Lilliana whispered back. "Thank you!" She didn't know what the shoes did, but somehow they would help.
"Willow, Lilliana?" Jorstan whispered in the dark.
"Yes?" They answered him at the same time.
"I think we should stop now."
Willow's tiny light stopped suddenly. "No! It is much to early to stop. We will find him soon. I have a feeling about this! I..."
Lilliana interrupted Willow's rant. "Let's stop."
For the night, they stopped at a tree. They agreed to take turns as a lookout. It was Lilliana's turn to watch in the middle of the night. She was very tired, her eyes drooping down as she stared into the darkness. Suddenly, she heard a rustling in the distance. Her eyes opened wide. What was that?
She sat frozen and silent for a moment, then said "Guys?" Neither Willow or Jorstan replied.
Lilliana rose quietly and went in the direction of the sound. She soon saw a dim golden glow a little further. She stepped forward and saw a pair of golden slippers. They had tiny rubies on the part above the toes. They were beautiful! She picked them up, looking around to see who had left them.
The wind picked up suddenly, whipping around Lilliana. "You looked, I have found..." was the whisper in the wind.
"Parmen!" Lilliana whispered back. "Thank you!" She didn't know what the shoes did, but somehow they would help.
0 comments:
Post a Comment